söndag 20 oktober 2013

G r a t i t u d e * S u n d a y


{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 

Throughout the week I've felt grateful for: 
  • meals cooked by my Mom
  • leaves raked by my parents
  • my dad fixing my bike and lending out his car since our was stolen
  • collecting autumn leaves
  • leaf-preserving through dipping into paraffin that turned out really nice
  • the look in my sons eyes when he saw the first snowflakes today this autumn/winter . "You may sing about the gnomes now Mommy" he told me. In Sweden the gnomes turn up at Christmas time, but since I've found out there are very few songs about autumn I have accidentally sung Christmas and winter songs. And my son has kept on reminding me it's to early
  • reading "The Story of the Snow Children again. My son actually asked me to read it at breakfast when I read him The Root Children. I told him he had to wait until the first snowflakes were falling. What a joy when they did!
  • the prolonged season of apples
  • Getting inspired, by all the different varieties of apples mentioned in the old pamphlet The Forest Garden by Robert Hart, to call my mother-in -law to find out if she had more apples on her trees leading to picking lots of apples during some morning hours in good company
  • making "plapple sauce" with my youngest (apples+plums)
  • Getting a message from the library that the book I reserved had arrived; a translation of Hurry, hurry Mary Dear , an inspiring favorite of mine during the transition time from fall to winter



Joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude * Sunday

1 kommentar: